Monday, March 30, 2009

From letter dated 3/25

I was saying that I called a man at the RC referral center and he ordered a DVD. I asked him about it and he said (in a very thick southern accent; he was from Louisiana). That he watched it and that after they watched it (I think it was Lamb of God D VD); their dog started barking and he went outside (it was nighttime) and there was a sheep outside his fence. He said it was weird because there weren't any sheep around that area. So he went around asking and a man approached him and him if he had seen a sheep. The caller; he said that he had and that he himself was trying to figure out where it came from. The other man that approached him said that is was a little girl's sheep about 3 miles down the road. So...I was talking to him and after he told his story about the sheep he stopped talking. I replied, "So, was that it?" He said, "Yep" and I said, "That's good". He said "Ever since that sheep came by nothing has been the same. Our lives have been going better then ever!" So I ended up after that weird story, bearing my testimony and sending him a Book of Mormon. It was great!

There are so many other stories from the R.C., a bunch of small things like talking with a black man from Alabama with an accent so thick that you can't tell if he is saying "carl, paul, mawl or towel or cowell or sawell, etc., (his wife was the one that actually called in but she wasn't home and he answered. Wish he had signed up so I actually knew what his name was.

The MTC is awesome and no other place like it in the world. You just wake up to the spirit and go to bed with the spirit. The TRC is awesome. WE have our last appointment tomorrow with fake investigators named Jack and Elaine who have lots of questions on baptism and priesthood. I have learned so much here and want to go to Montana! My teachers are awesome; they inspire me to want to be a MTC teacher after my mission.

There are 8 missionaries in my district; 4 sisters and 4 elders. Sisrers Durfee, Kaufus, Hades, Howard. Elders: me, Hemingway, Copenheaver, Thomas. Sister Hades, Copenheaver and Thomas along with me and 3 others in another district are going to Montana. Sister Kaufus and Dufee are going to Chicago, Illinois North. Sister Howard is going to Tuscon, Arizona, she is from Alaska. There are about 24 missionaries in my branch all together.

Elder Thomas wanted me to ask (because he got a letter from his mom) if we were related to a Margaret and Leland Heywood.

I did not see the Stotts, but that explains why there is always little kids and families here on the weekends.

Did I mention L. Tom Perry spoke? Also that we got to see the Draper dedication? Also last night, Kenneth Johnson spoke (one of the quorum of seventy).

I talked to Morgan Weatherby the other day and she said Corbin left Tuesday Morning.

Keep sending me letters.

Tell Julie, I took her advice and have been giving my companion lots of ti-tacs and Altoids.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment