Monday, July 12, 2010

Alright, this is the deal. We will probably be emailing right now and maybe around later today at 5. First for Jared:  You've probably already heard it a million times but a mission is not easy. I am not going to lie, every time I have gotten transferred or moved or get a new comp or if anything happens... Homesickness starts to set in. Just for a day or two then I'm good. There HAVE been some missionaries though who have not gotten over it and it messes them up. All they can think about is HOME. HOME. GIRLS. GIRLS. The ones who do good are the ones who really forget all of it and do missionary work. The places you live in and the people you teach start to become home for you as soon as you start to do what you are suppose to do. That's my piece of advice. It will be awesome. Best 2 years for sure. Actually, I don't know about that yet. I've only been out for 16 months. So, best 16 months, as of now. Its all part of THE PLAN right?

As for the ole town of Glendive... all I can say is wow. Unlike any other place Ive been on my mission. Flat, Ugly, Awesome. The members here remind of the members in Lewisotwn, so sick x2. Its nice to not have the whole town born and raised in Montana. You actually get to have some normal conversations. A lot of the people here work for the Railroad and work in the oil fields. Most of the Town is owned by a couple - three families which makes it hard for big business to come in. Its quite an interesting place. If you look at a map I will give you a written guide to how big the Glendive stake is... pretty much all of Eastern Montana. As far up as Glasgow, PLentywood and Malta, comes down to about Jordan and Wolf Point, Down to Miles City and as far down as Ekalaka and Broadus. HUGE. Some of the Stake Leaders live so far away that they have this set up to where they have video conferences with the Stake Presidency. Crazy. Reminds me of James Bond.

About my ride to Billings from great Falls. I forgot how crazy some of the people that ride the bus are. I talked with some Japanese girl, who lived in Hawaii, surfed, was working on her PhD in Plant Pathology, was 30 years old, and somehow ( I couldn't really understand her) got to Helena and was going to Portland, then LA, then back home to Oahu. Camping the whole way and smoking a little weed here and there, but nevertheless, almost having a doctorate in Plant Pathology. Another guy I talked to was pretty much homeless but was carrying around this cowboy hat that had been signed by all these famous artists. He was headed to Missoula. When we got off the bus I saw him run over to this little pine tree at the bus station and start playing with his ankle. I soon saw and comprehended that He must have had some bladder problems and was releasing (manually) his liquid wastes. right there on the front lawn of the bus station. Moral of the story: I don't regret taking the bus that day, even though I left at 3 and didn't get to Billings until 11:30 and ripped a whole in my suit pants. I did get to spend the night with Elder Unga too so it was definitely worth it. Unga is new AP.

I DID see Max Elmer the other day right before I left to Glendive, from Billings, at the Greenie breakfast we had at the mission home. HAA I cant believe he's in this mission. Guess who he is getting trained by? Elder Ben Thomas. My MTC comp. He is going to Love Elder Thomas. Best decision made by President Gardner ever!! Keep me posted on what he says about his area. It's a pretty sweet area. Anaconda and Deer Lodge. My camera was dead so I didn't get a picture with him but he took one with his camera. It was weird being at the mission home after I hadn't been there in 16 months. It was also hard and even weirder to say goodbye to Elder Tanner, West, Quiocho. They are all home now.

As for people we are teaching... there aren't too many. We are working with a couple of people. One lady has already told us she wants to get baptized but its a matter of GETTING TO CHURCH. Another Lady that we might baptize is slightly disabled but has now been adopted/ a family has received custody of her and we have been given the permission to get her baptized. The next person we are working with is a couple that just got married. T is a member and D has been investigating just for a little bit. He is kind of keeping it on the DL though. From what Brooks knows, its just a matter of time. Could be next month, could be in a million years. Hopefully not.

Just in case you are wondering, the Church is still true and will always be true. I should probably try to write more spiritually minded but I just can't keep away from the stories. I do have another couple good stories but they are not appropriate for email. Maybe when I get home.

Its a very nice area though. We get treated very well. I just hope to have some good things happen while I am here. We could definitely be tracting out the whole town. Lots of Mosquitoes. Very Awesome. Isn't every area though?

Still cant believe that I saw Max. Haha. Hes a funny kid. Also a kid named Elder Whitlock who went to Mesquite.

Write back with any other questions.

Tell Gram B. that I love her. Just tell all the Grandmas in the world that I love them.
Tell Dana to get ready for High school.  No kissing boys. You too Luke. ('that' CAN go on the blog!!)

Love Your MoMish

ElderPheywood

P.S. Elder Brooks is a good looking guy from St. George. He's about 5'6" (short) and looks like Matt Damon. Every single lady/little girl/teenage girl is in love with him. Its a good thing hes not a little taller or he would really be in trouble.

1 comment:

  1. 'that' CAN go on the blog!!

    haha parker is the funniest, what in the world

    ReplyDelete