Well, everything is sounding very interesting at home. I liked all of the vacation stories, things going on, etc etc etc. I think I will get kicked off at least several times today so my letter may be coming in through 3 or 4 different letters.
So, we officially got sister missionaries in Plains area and in our district and zone. Sister Willhite (who is from AZ) and a greenie. We also got a new zone leader.Sis Willhite is from Tucson but lived in Phoenix a year before she came out for Culinary School. She just got transferred to Plains from Ronan with sister Hodes (from the MTC). Sis Willhite was Maryn’s last comp before she went back to Temp Square I guess? Sis Hodes also is training. Elder Whiting is our new Zone leader with Elder West. Elder Whiting just came from Great Falls and said he got to know the Ladukes pretty well. He is also from AZ. St. Johns to be exact. He also told me that he was pretty familiar with Ike Isaacsons family up there.
I have and did spend time in the Plains area. I am kind of bummed because I really liked it there when we got to go and wont get to go again because sisters are there.
Now for Elder Holt. Elder Jacob Holt is from Tucson AZ as well. He went to Marana Mt. View. He graduated in 07. He is about 6'4". He played Volleyball at Marana. I knew he looked familiar from tournaments. I am so glad to have him. It is nice to work with someone who likes to do missionary work. By the way, Elder Flake gets home to Mesa on Thursday. You might get a visit from him.
Apart from all of that, I have a story for Dad: Last Sunday was fast Sunday. As always, we have lots of summer visitors. The last couple three weeks we have had lots of scouts and their leaders along with some of the camp staff that work out at Melita Island and have scout camp out there. So, after sacrament meeting this last Sunday a lady and her husband, who were there to pick up their boys from Melita, stopped me afterwards and started interrogating me out of no where. The lady looked at me all weird and started off asking me where I was from. I said I was from AZ. She then asked If I had relatives who served missions. I told here that I did. She asked me to expound. I expounded. She stopped me when I had told her that YOU, dad, served in the Leeds England mission. She asked me what your first name was and all that jazz. She then said that she knew I was your son from the moment I got up and bore my testimony. She said that I looked like you, which is completely untrue, and that I had other similar characteristics etc etc. She then began to tell me that she served in that mission and that you were one of her district leaders. Her name is Marlene Allred or Marlene Teichert which was her maiden name. she said you might know her as Sister Teichert. She now lives in Helena, MT. Her husband is the Stake President over there. She wanted me give her email to you. She says you were a good missionary. info:
A couple other little things: I got up to Echo Lake but had no idea which cabin was the Bevans. It is a way nice place but I think I liked the set up at Lake Mary Ronan better. That lake is just opposite ends of Echo. I also did meet the Wirthlins friends from the Bay area. They have a place out at Wild Horse Island. They were nice. I guess they live in St. George now? We met them randomly at a restaurant.
Report on the missionary work going on here in POLSON 'ON' not 'EN'. come on.
We met a couple new people. This one guys name is Bryce. He is pretty much a 20 year old white kid with an afro who lives on the streets, sells vacuums, and just ordered a mail order bride from Russia. He said he is going to meet her and her family in a month and then she will come over and get married to him. He just has to pay for all of her visas, passports, physicals, etc.
Shaun R. just needed us to pop the question I guess. We asked him if he would like to get baptized and he said yes! that was it. we are now seeing him 2/a week. he will probably not get baptized until is work schedule changes. He is so awesome. We have been going through all the hard things for people to accept like tithing and he happily says "ok" I will do it or live it. Vice versa.
K, the librarian is doing awesome. she is shooting to get baptized in either August of September. We had an awesome lesson with her and talked about the atonement. I brought her Elder Hollands talk today but she wasn’t here at the Library.
No comments:
Post a Comment