Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hey, everyone of you weird family members out there. This is Elder Parker L. Heywood writing to you from the one and only Polson, MT.

Sounds like things are well back home and that kids are finally back in school. The kiddos don’t go back to school up here in the heathen country until the 31 I believe.
Anyway, the HOLT-e-nator and I have had an awesome week. I don’t think I ever told you but; the first thing that Elder Holt asked me when he first got here in Polson was about the different species of spiders living around here. He loves them. I was about to kill one in the church last week and he about cut off my head. There are lots of poisonous spiders around where we live like Lacuse, Hobos, Widows, etc and some of them have some pretty sweet looking webs around our residence. We saw one dude who got bit by one on his upper thigh and he could barely walk. It looked like he got shot by a grape fruit. anyway, Every night, when we get home and are done for the day, before we go inside, Elder Holt has to go look at all the different webs around the house and see how his "friends" are doing. Elder Holt is also very in to Japanese anime and has a huge origami kit and makes at least 2 origami flowers every night before bed time. Dang. the Library is crowded today. I have 2 minutes left. Elder Holt is actually an awesome guy.

Getting kicked off...School starts here pretty soon so I should not be getting kicked off so often in the next couple of weeks.

Man, one of the funny things around here is the football. Everyone and their dogs LOVE the Grizzlies!!! the university team in Missoula. I always get talking with other people, like our ward mission leader who is an Ohio fan, and say that I never even knew a Montana football team existed until I came up here. All the Montana people always think the Griz should play all the D1 schools. It’s just funny.

A couple other interesting things: We ate dinner with the Lowdermilks again, or the KKK again. They are the most awesome people. He was telling us all about his crazy motorcycle racing days. I have no idea how he became a member of the church. But, he is awesome in his calling and him and his wife go up to Cardston Alberta temple every other week as temple workers. I wish you guys could meet some of the people in our ward. By the way, you guys think Teri Wright and the Grimes' wards had crazy sacrament meetings, you should come up here and see some of the things that take place. Our Bishop is awesome by the way.

Can you guys believe that I’ve been gone from home for almost 6 months now? that’s crazy. almost 1/4 of the way done with my mission. Its going to fast. We have been teaching a lot of people like I said previously. Elder Holt and I had a killer week. 6 new investigators. I wish I could tell you everything about them but there would be no time.

Hopefully this week we get an awesome family coming to church. They are Indian and are very poor. They all drink and smoke but the MOM, who got pregnant at 15, has a daughter who is in Stevensville with a Mormon family who adopted her and she is really likes the family she is with. Anyway, I will tell you guys more about them next week. I don’t think I told you guys before but Elder Tanner and I taught a couple quite a while back. Dave had just gotten a nasty divorce from another lady. They had just been sealed for a little over 10 years and then split up. Dave's parents are in our ward and all of their (the Parents) kids, including Dave. They are all less active. Anyway, Elder Tanner had a couple of lessons with them way back when and nothing had ever come of it. But, just the other Sunday they showed up at church. I thought that the whole thing was really random. Later that evening We had to go by their house (the parents house because they are living with the parents right now) and drop off a lesson manual. We got talking to her and started talking about the salvation of little children and what not (a long story short) and she wanted us to come and teach her again. This time SHE wanted it and arranged the whole thing. She cooked us breakfast and we had the most AWESOME lesson the next morning. We taught the restoration and near the end of it you could probably taste the spirit it was so strong. She just started bawling her eyes out and we all just started crying together. It was awesome. Since I’ve been out I don’t think I’ve had a lesson like that, even with the Atchleys. We have a return appt. tomorrow morning and we will see what happens. The cool thing is that we, as missionaries teaching the lesson, didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. We taught like we would have taught to anyone else. But, the cool thing is this: it all depends on the person. The missionaries just do their best to help people understand, know and feel and the spirit does the rest. But because she wanted to learn, and had the desire to learn it made all the difference. At the end he gave an awesome prayer and asked the Lord to help he and his wife get baptized. I cant wait to see what’s next. It’s awesome to see people like that let the Atonement work in their lives and have a change of heart.

Sorry not lots of time left or else I Would write more. I will write you guys next week and try to get Chris some good presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment