Monday, March 8, 2010

Hola mi familia...

It is wonderful to hear from the wonderful land of AZ.

I really want to read that talk by Elder Oakes. Sounds awesome. I have a talk that I got by Bro Jackson (a member of the ward here from Mesa who went to school with Beth Schield) that he got on his mission that was given by a GA at amissionary zone conference back in the 70s. It talks about some very deep doctrines. The kind of talk that you would read and research only if you were on a mission. I will get a copy of it and send it to you guys. Youll have to tell me what you think.

I was also wondering...... maybe....... if you could...... send......... maybe......... some ...... short sleeve white shirts. I dont have any and its starting to get warm. The last couple of weeks have been in the 50s. Almost all the snow is melted of the ground. Let me know what you think on my proposition.

NOW FOR THE INVESTIGATORS: The Eternigator decided, FINALLY, that she wanted to get baptized!! whoo whoo. The only problem is that she wants to get baptized after I will leave. She and some other members of the ward didnt want to have to baptism without me so they called Pres Gardner and talked to him about letting me stay and extra couple of weeks. He pretty much said "no" so I guess I am going to miss her baptism. Remember the "sleeping giant?" Well we taught her and her non member husband. Went well. Husband said that for him it was just a matter of "WHEN" rather than "IF." I was pretty stoked about that. The only problem with teaching some people is that They feel this urge to share all of their deepest darkest secrets and concerns with the missionaries. It gets kind of weird sometimes and the awkwardness level goes through the roof but, hey... what can I do? They love me. Maybe I should be a counselor and work for LDS family services. There are two of those guys here in Helena and I dont think i would mind doing what they do. Next up at bat are Rod and Lisa. I love them to death but ROd has just got some issues with things. He is kind of the keystone to the whole family. If we cant get him to go, no one goes. and that is how everything is. It seems like everyone is sick too. Megan Mesa, Brian and Isabel, etc etc aka some of our most promising investigators have been a little under the weather. Its been hard on us. Wer are teaching and finding all these people and no one comes to church. What the flippity flip man? We have been really blessed though. Still working with lots of less actives and doing good. We are getting along and My patience is growing stronger. Remember what we talked about right before I left home about having no patience with certain types of people? Its all good though. Nothing to worry about. Things are goood.

I hope you guys get to meet the Mckeans one day and the Alsburys. Two of my favorite familes. Look for an email from Janet wilkins. She is going to send you a picture.

I thought you would be proud of me if I told you that some of the ladies in the ward have helped us out with working the coupon system. They gave us some coupons that allowed me to buy 5 boxes of cinnamon life and 5 boxes of instant oatmeal for 5 bucks. A savings of 38 dollars. Do I make you proud?

RECENT CONVERT News: I dont think i ever told you that the Atchleys were housing the missionaries in POLSON now did I? well they are. Tell the Burninghams hi for me.

I got some training for Jared: Alright Bear. I am going to give you some questions that you have to answer as if I was an investigator. Have them all answered and back to me by next monday. They will start off easy.

1) I have the Bible and need no more of the word of God. Why do I need the Book of Mormon if it says in Revelations that "if anyone shall add or take from these things... the plagues and calamties that are in this book shall come upon your head" ( i didnt qoute the scripture exactly but I hope you get ths jist of it)

2) Why at the end of Jacob would it say "Adieu?"

to be continued....


See you in one year!! haha EPHEYWOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment