Monday, March 1, 2010

Well....the big news is this:

I had 4 Transfers in Helena which means 24 weeks. approx. 6 months. I have now had two, 6 month areas: POLSON and HELENA. We got the transfer calls last Friday which tells us who is getting moved. Elder Brooks, the missionary who called asked us who we thought was leaving and we all gave our answers, etc, etc. The suspense was killer and then he said that only ONE of us was leaving out of 8 missionaries in our district. The missionary who got transferred was not me. It was Elder Goff. That means that I am staying in Helena for 5 Transfers, 30 weeks, approx. 7.5 months!! Whoo Whoo! Let me tell YOU, it was pretty scary! (AMD) Only two areas and I’ve been out for a year.

These last couple of days have been depressing for Elder Goff and myself. This has been one of his favorite places and the whole ward loves him. I guess they sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again on Sunday for the poor guy. He is getting transferred to Lander, WY.

I talked to Elder Journey the other day and he goes home in May. That is so weird that someone I’ve served with goes home in a little while. Elder Tanner goes home in June. I talked to him the other day and he said he went through Polson and got to see some people.

This last Saturday night we went out to Townsend to the Gospel sing where a bunch of different denominations get together and sing Gospel music. Was alright. Not the best. Lots of old people that think they have good voices sing so... you know how that goes. Plus, its gospel music. We spent the night in Townsend with all 8 elders in the same house. I slept on a recliner, worst sleep ever. Never sleep on one. Sunday morning we got a ride with one of the high councilors from Townsend to our Ward Conference in Helena. It went pretty well.
Lots of things I learned. Then, last night we had stake priesthood meeting that we were supposed to sing at but it didnt work out so we just had Elder Lanham play the piano. It was a very spiritual day. You should start writing your thoughts down during sacrament meeting and those things and see what comes of your jots and tittles at the end of the day. There’s some good stuff.
Well... Were getting rushed off again. Maybe next week I will be able to write more about our investigators. They’re doing goood. I am planning on giving that Reflections CD to a recent convert so hope you don’t mind. Let me know about the Tsunami that was supposed to hit Hawaii etc. I heard that it was a lot smaller than they thought it was going to be.
LOVE ME DO.
Elder Plheywood.
I got some Training for Jare Bear in my next email.

No comments:

Post a Comment