Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dearest family, apologies need to be extended. I apologize for the very very late response and weekly email. Right now we are driving to Cody, WY to spend the day (11/24/10) with Elder Conway and Elder Child. We just got done doing teamups with Elder Goff and Elder House in Worland, WY. NOTE: This is the first time I have crossed the MT/WY border in the 20 months that I have been out. Its frozen solid so, I cant quite make a solid and complete decision on the proposition of Wyo being a “good area.” All I see is white, my mind is auto playing White Christmas by Crosby.


Elder House is missionary who entered the mission field about 6 weeks after me. You may ask yourself why I am writing about this missionary. Let me tell you. Last Wednesday Elder House had some very severe pain in the lower right part of his abdomen. Yep. Appendectomy. While scoping the appendix, the doctors noticed a very oversized colon. They stopped the scope, cut him open down the middle and spread him wide open to find that his colon was three times the size it should be that he had some infected pieces of intestine as well as a messed up colon. The results aren’t back, but the initial diagnosis was khrons. He said that all this would explain losing 45 pounds since being out on a mission along with consistent and constant diahreah. He is doing well. Our main purpose for this recent trip was to check up on him and his 35 staples in his stomach but, also to work with some of the zone leaders in WY. So far, success. I was very impressed by the pictures of the surgery, his whole digestive system exposed and partially extracted. I hope things like that never happen to me.

The last week in Billings was good. There is a lady named R who was referred to the missionaries by a member about a week before I got to Billings. I was able to teach her in her home about a week ago. 

We taught a lady named K  for the first time last Wednesday.   She is very smart, biblically and is understanding and applying the principles of the Gospel. 

Thats about it for now. We are speaking in church on GRATITUDE this Sunday even though the last two weeks have been on gratitude and Thanksgiving will be long gone. Whatever.

The last couple of days have been in the 0 degree range and I am not used to it.

 Best news ever for this week-


There is a sister missionary from Temple Square serving in our mission. Her name is Sister Terasevich. I never knew about this news because when she first came in she was serving up near Kalispell but, she is serving here in Billings and I have now been privileged to know that she is related to someone whom we all love. I dont know his "on-screen" name but, his real name is Daniel Terasevich. Daniel was a part of an LDS film production where big name mormon movie stars such as: Kirby Heyborne and Will Swenson were involved as well. The movie tells a tale of 3 men who are searching for glory, fame and spiritual gratification by sharing Gospel messages through their muscial talents. Everclean, cleaner than listerine.

Daniel Terasevich was the lead singer of Everclean. Is that crazy or what? She personally, hates the movie. She told me that they grabbed him just because he could sing well. Cool story Hanzel.

No comments:

Post a Comment