Our missionaries are going forth to different nations. The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed snowflake can stop the work from progressing. Plowers may rage, snowballs may combine....
Bam! This Thanksgiving was by far the most ornate and lavish ever, if I ever saw one. "Pertinear" Bill Gates status. Let me describe - (I wish I had taken a picture) Decorations: The house has been photographed in the past for magazines. That should give you some idea. There is a whole room in the basement, close to the size of our house, dedicated for decorations. Because there are so many Christmas decorations, the Thanksgiving decorations are intermingled with the Christams ones so that there will be enough of an early start to put up all the Christams decorations. Im talkin life size santas and nutcrackers in the front entrance way along with baby jesus in swaddling clothes. There were 8 of us all together and the food had to have been made by Martha Stewart. Talk about deck the halls...this house was decked out. 46' x 22' indoor swimming pool. Perfect for takin a dip in the middle of winter. Endless. I wish I could even describe the tree. It was awesome.
Overall, Thanksgiving was good. We had Tgiving dinner 2 Sundays ago because that was the only time the family we ate with would have had the chance to do it. Thursday, we had our normal Tgiving and Saturday night had another full on feast because of family coming in late. Lots of food.
We had lots of snow. Its almost to the point of Un-driveable. I am so glad I live in a place where it doesnt snow.
This week is going to be a long one. Tonight we go to Bozeman and spend Tuesday in Belgrade with the ZLs there. Wed = Butte. Thurs = Missoula. Fri = Great Falls. Sat = GLENDIVE and Sunday morning for Church too. The next week after this one: Zone Conferences - Tues = Lovell. Wed = Billlings. Thurs = Helena. Fri = Kalispell. Sat = T ups in Big Fork. The week after that, Wed. = a new assistant. Fri = Transfer calls/transfer hodge podge. Sat = Elder King, Unga go home. The following week: Get the new greenies and start all over again.
This morning we spent about 4 hours doing snow removal. After our snow removal, we went to the County Courts Building to support K with her hearing/sentencing.(?)(I never want to be an attorney. lame) What will happen with K, depending on what her sentence is, is she will write a letter to the First Presidency along with PG to recieve baptism permission. We think it will go through if she only gets house arrest and probation. If she gets incarcerated, probably a big NO. When we got to the court building, we found out that the sentencing never happened so, that was a big waste of time. Now, I am here typing. K is doing really well though. She has now been smoke free for about 2 weeks. She is doing awesome.
We saw R a couple-three days ago. We kind of stopped in on her. She has lots of problems and she isnt letting anybody help her out. She's in a rut and she wont allow the only one that can help her get out of that rut assist her.
Elder House got cut open again yesterday because he was swelling up inside and they had to let him drain out. He and Elder Goff have six baptismal dates online and the big concern for them is if they are able to attend to their investigators like we they need to. PG doesnt know quite yet what to do.
The only other thing that we did last week, which I can think of, is froze. 24/7 It was awesome. I look forward now to days like today where it will be a high of 25. It feels really nice.
Elder P. HEYWOOD
No comments:
Post a Comment