When do the Arizona missionaries report to the MTC? If soon there is a good chance I could get hooked up training one or the other. Im in a good spot to do that because...........................
I am.....right now.....writing to you.....from Helena!
2nd Email
I hoped you liked that first email because I am in all reality writing to you from Helena. Can you believe that? I totally thought I would be out of here by now. But, we got a call that said we won't be leaving for another hour. AHHHHH GOt ya. I am leaving. Just not for another hour. Yep at 1:00 I will be gone. It was the hardest thing packing and saying goodbye to everyone. Church was hard and so was this morning. Especially saying goodbye to brother Barrett. I have lots of addresses and phone numbers. ALOT. It will be hard going to my next area. My new comps name is Elder Rice and he has only been out for about 6 weeks. He is brand spankin’ new. This is how its going to be: I don’t know my new area, I don’t know my new companion, and I don’t know any of the people who live in my new area so everything is going to be completely new. All together. Now, all of this probably poses the question: Parker, stop screwin around and tell us where the freak your new area is? Does it? OK. I will now tell you where I will be serving next. Its the exact middle of the state and only has one ward within a 100 mile radius. District meetings are going to be a 3 hour drive every Tuesday. THe water flows like wine and the people flock to the missionaries like the seagulls of Capistrana. It can only make one's toes tingle at the sound of its name. Its a little place of about 10,000 called:
3rd Email and 20 minutes later...
LEWISTOWN.
Yep I am getting transferred to Lewistown, MT. Whoo weee.. Cant wait. Its going to be crazy. I have no idea what to expect. We are getting in the van in a little bit and driving up to Kalispell for (which means we will stop in Polson. whoo whoo) the night and then heading over the high line to Great Falls and then meet my comp to take a 110 mile journey to the Town of lewis.(PS my comps name is Elder Rice from Florida and I have never even seen a pic of him.) And I know that you guys will go around telling everyone where I am and stuff like that so let me make sure that you guys know how to pronounce the town properly. Its not pronounced - "Lewis-ten" but " Lewis-town" Just like its spelt. Ok got that all cleared up. Good? alright.
Gossip time: Is Krissy Ison Pregnant yet? What about KT? What about Julie (married to mr shneebly)? What about anyone else? I heard a billion people were getting married. next, did you see or meet Linda Willhite at the wedding/reception?
FOR THE AZ MT missionaries: I dont know what advice to give them. I think they should probably try to buy most of the big items for winter, like a jacket, before they leave. Make sure its not a trench coat too. You don’t want to look like a mobster walking down the street. If they come in the summer thought they could probably get all the rest of their acc. out here. I would say buy at least the jacket at home and get all the other stuff out here. As for shoes. Just get some good ones that they can wear wool socks with. Mostly all missionaries wear their normal shoes during the winter. I did. Even when it was -30. As for shirts, I would say, 5 short sleeve and 5 long or 4 and 4. whatever they want. I love my short sleeves. Thats about it. I just wished I had a little tool bag and thats about it. Also, I hate wearing dress socks while proselyting. I just like regular black cotton sports socks. ive worn dress socks like twice in the whole year Ive been out. At least the thin ones.
We got a little snow the other day but it all melted.
Couple more things before I sign off. I will probably finish emailing tomorrow.
Love
Love
later. gators
Elder P heywood
No comments:
Post a Comment