As always, my letters have no structure. I will start off by saying, I know that this will be my last week in Helena. I've already started packing. I have collected lots of things in the, close to 8 months, that Ive been here. Hopefully I will be able to get it all to the next place. PS. I will be sending some things home. A sword and some other things that I don't need that are wasting my space. Ahhhh. Helena. I will miss you.
Elder Journey goes home in 6 weeks and Elder Tanner and some of those other old dogs will be home in 3 months after this next week. The mission is going too fast. I don't know what I am going to do when I get home. I dont want to get married.
Did you guys hear that President Fisher got called to be an area authority? Yep, Craig G. Fisher, I knew it would just be a matter of time. The Big Dog got even bigger. We all missed the Sat Morning session because we were helping someone move. I guess I will just have to read it in next months ensign. I heard it was good. Dont know. And then we missed the first 15 mins of Afternoon because we were getting dressed. Thats when I think PFish got called. I just have to say that Priesthood session was what I needed the most. Patience and Diligence were the talks for me. Its too bad that all the people who NEED to watch conference are Less active. They need what was talked about. A theme that I caught was: We need to learn, gain a testimony, gain faith, have gospel conversations, etc, All of that needs to take place IN THE HOME. FHE, family dinners, etc need to happen and often too. I'm glad that was stressed. I've been able to see a lot of bad things that all stem from poor family relationships. Its all about the family. Bam. End of story.
I really thought that the General Young Mens president looked a lot like Ron Davidson. Make sure that he knows I said that. I thought it was really him up there for a second when He got up. Whats his name. David L. Beck? Ron Davidson's twin?
On the Capital Lawn here in Helena, they put out about 8,000 hard boiled eggs for an easter egg hunt. It was nuts.
I have a website that you guys need to look up that some less active members were watching when we stopped by. pinkstamper.com it is the most Utah thing that I have ever seen.
When does Taylor Dahl leave on his mission? Does he go to Provo first?
Alright. Time for a report of Last Week: First, the 2nd of April was Elder Newmans B-day so we (Elder Lewis, Conway, Coker, and myself) woke up at 4:30am and drove to Cokers and Conways house to pick them up. After that we stopped in at Wally World and bought a nice loud air horn and some orange/cinnamon rolls along with some candles. We then made our expedition over to Elder Newmans and Rogers for a little wake up call in East Helena about 8 miles away. Plans had already made the night before clearing things with their land lord and Elder Rogers. He was going to open the door for us at about 5:45 so we could do the dirty deed done dirt cheap. We swiftly made our way down to the basement bedroom and woke him up with a nice little ring of an airhorn. We made cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, gave him some presents, and went home. The End.
Clifford and Sara, or should I say, Wind Walker and Little Dove, set a baptismal date for May 1st. (I won't be here) They are doing pretty good and got to watch several General Conference sessions this past weekend. They both have strong testimonies and are reading the scriptures together, loving learnig and speaking Injun. Cliff is Cherokee (oklahoma?) and we found out that he speaks: Navajo, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chipewa, Shishoni, Arapaho, Cheyanne, Commanche, and Yahki River. He knows but is not fluent in: Apache, Hapoi, Gros Ventre, and Blackfoot. He is pretty much the Medicine Man. He showed us all of his "goods" last week that will have to take a little trip to the garbage after we teach Word of Widsom. They are doing great.
Thats it for me this week. sorry it was short. I am already having withdrawals from a knowledge of leaving Helena.
Wssssssssssssssst... Tac Taw (blessings be upon you, now go)
Elder Heywood
No comments:
Post a Comment