Monday, April 26, 2010

WOW...

I cannot believe that I am in Montana.... and my brother, who is a blood relative of mine, will be serving in the freakin Phillipines. The two most opposite places in the world. That is very interesting. I wonder If Elder Rasband was sitting in on mission assignments with Elder Eyring again. Great. The Church is letting the amateurs run the show.

Well. Holy Crap. I cant believe it. Haha. That is going to be soo sweet. Riding Water Buffalo to appts. Eating worms, crickets, half baked fertilized eggs, toe jam, horse poop, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, rice, chicken, rice rice,. Ha that is going to be sweet. I dont know much about the Philipines other than we helped an indian man email an online girlfriend who lived in the Province. Wherever that is.

Lets just to a little comparison between the two different missions. (this will just be from what I assume though) In MBM (Montana Billings Mission) we drive trucks and cars, in the PH mission you ride animals. In the MBM there are winters and lots of snow, in the PH Mission its summer all year long. IN the MBM there are lots of farmers and ranchers. wheat vs rice. Running water vs horrible plumbing. Church meetings in a Church vs. a HUT. White people vs All Brown. English vs Tagalog. Cowboys vs Savages. A few missing teeth vs. NO TEETH. the list goes on and on. HAHA. I cant wait. Maybe we can go pick Jare Bear up after his mission is done with so I can find me a Philipino wife and ride a water buffalo.

We got the news this morning that for the month of April we broke the 50 mark for baptisms. That hasnt been done in about 3 years. Its pretty exciting. We are shooting for 600 baptisms this year and 400 reactivations. A total of 1000. Im sure in Jareds mission they will have a couple times a year where they have over 1000 baptisms a month! Guarantee it. That is just crazy. This whole last week ive been slitting my wrists to know where he would go. You know what that mission is going to be? SO SICK (Pound pound x2) Cant wait now for July 14th. Keep me informed.

As for Paul McCartney and myself, I admit, its getting better, getting better all the time. We have now droppped over 8 or 9 investigators now and got told by Elder Egbert and Elder Cox that we just need to white wash the area. WEEEE. Tracting for 24/7. WEEEE. SOO fun. The best lesson we had this last week was with Karl the Prophet, who knows the bible better than I know that the Philipines is going to be a sweet mission. I took Elder Egbert over there with me and we taught a little about the restoration of the Gospel. But with steroids involved. I cant believe that after 2 years of the missionaries seeing this guy not once have they ever taught him anything. I guess they must have been too scared? It was cool to see how strong the spirit was and then Karl just blew it off like it was nothing. Karl = Goodbye aka Dropped. Along with 8 other lovely people that have just had the missionaries over to do visit teaching. Morons. Like I said; we are now working from the ground up. On the side of everything, we got to help out some families shear sheep and brand cows again. Sometimes I convince myself that I want to be a rancher but then reality hits me and I tell my conscience NO. Theres been a non member guy and his member wife coming to church, from what we've been told, the last couple months and he is getting ready to do some branding so we might go out there and help him out. He lives about 40 miles out of town though.

I was thinking the other day and I realized that Lewistown reminds me of that movie, WILD AMERICA. It is so eeriely similar. Just the people and the community. Lewistown is a little smaller than Polson but a lot nicer. Maybe because its not on an indian reservation? I dont know. That would be my guess. You know how there are just some awesome families in any ward you go to? Well, Every ward Ive served in now has a couple of families that just make the missionaries feel at home and really make the mission an awesome experience. The type of families that help out anyone with anything, especially this missionary. Well, the families that Im talking about in Lewistown are the Allens and the Days. Another one of those families that you will get to meet one day. Sister Allen is from Queen Creek. Elder Davis who is serving in Havre took her niece to Prom. Also, There is a brand new missionary who is serving in Roundup from Gilbert. His name is Elder Buckman and he went to Basha. Ive only just talked to him on the phone.

We had a nice baptism for a two sisters named Melissa and Kayla. Melissa is 11 and Kayla is 8. Their Grandparents are active but all of their parents, uncles, Mom and Dad arent. It was nice to see their family come out. For some reason, I felt the spirit a lot stronger at their baptism than I have almost at any other baptism that I can think of. It was a good Sunday. The Ward is awesome. The members are awesome. They had me go up before the talks and give a little shpeel about myself. They love the missionaries and missionary work. In almost every prayer that I heard Sunday they prayed for the missionaries and missionary work.

Thats about it for my week. We’ve got district meeting in Havre tomorrow so we are driving the 200 miles today instead of tomorrow morning.

RANDOM info: Bro Day and Bro Ricks bother served in England, Leeds mission.
I like cooking. I dont know why this is going italic. i didnt even hit the italic button.\\
Im losing weight.
Earl and Emy Atchley went through the temple.
I am emailing from the Bruruds house because the Library is closed on Mondays.
I will send you pics of my crib next week.
PHILLIPINES!!!!!!!!!! (do I spell it right?)

I havent heard much about Baja lately. Is she still alive and living at our house. I told you not to get rid of her until I got home.
Keep sending me sports updates. I like them I usually get a lot of them from Elder Davis because He is a sports nut.

VLEO,
Elder Hey

No comments:

Post a Comment