Monday, August 16, 2010

Hanging in Miles City Today...

I thought that school started this week not next week. The kids in MT dont start until next monday. Summer is over like that.


Well, I know you are all waiting to hear about transfers so hear it goes. I am now, as I type, in Miles City. Yep. I am waiting for my new companion so that I can go back to Glendive because Elder Brooks left. Hes gone. He is now serving and finishing his last 2 transfers off in Billings where he will most likely be teaching C. So I guess there was a reason for him to go to that lesson. I am getting Elder Snyder who also has 2 transfers left. So, I will either be getting transferred this next transfer or staying for HIS 2 and then get transferred the transfer after that which will put me in GDive for 4 transfers aka 6 months aka a week before Christmas.  Elder Snyder served in Lewistown about a year ago so we will have some good things to talk about. Ive met him a couple of times just coming and going and He will be good for me. He is from CA. Other news from transfers: Goff is ZL with Hinton. haha. You will have to start reading his blog again. I also heard that Holbrook is getting doubled in with another missionary to an area that hasnt had missionaries for about 7 months. Im proud of my boys. Just like katie having a baby when I get home, all I am asking for before I leave the mission is a couple of grandboys from Holbrook or Jensen. I dont think it will happen though. thats about it for transfers though folks. Its lookin good. I guess I will add this: Our zone is getting 4 missionaries. 2 regulars and 2 greenies. Speaking of greenies, how is Elder Elmer doing? I havent sent him a letter yet but I should.

This past week: 2 BAPTISMAL DATES!! A and D, but, both didnt show up to church the other day. hmmmmm. J and J did, the ones without the Bdates but the others didnt. I dont get it. Anyway, last Wed we went over to V.J. house to play cards with D and T just so that we could have a fun type of setting becasue whenever we teach D and T it is always in a lesson type situation. So, we played cards and had a good conversation. Afterwards, I mean after we left, D and T stayed over at Vs until really late talking about baptism and he challenged him to setting a date. I mean, it was pretty logical because D is all ready for it. So after D and T left I guess he had told T that he hadnt felt so peaceful about everything in his whole time investigating. Thats the scoop on the Big D. As for A, she is a mystery woman. Im sure she could have her own episode on that pbs show that the Mom and Katie watch. or should I say, watched? She is a straight up Mystery. This week is has to be a climax for her or she wont reach her baptismal date.

J and J are a whole other paragraph. Elder Brooks and I both felt that, even with all the crap going on, they are investigating and coming to church because they want to change and realize a "lack of something" in their lives. Hopefully we can help these people make a change in their lives and have a good experience at church. Ive learned a lot of things on my mission. Ive learned that the world is screwed up. I learned that there is nothing else in life except for the Gospel. There is nothing to live for without the Gospel. You cant just go away from it and say, I’m happy. Its not true. Read your scriptures every day and consistently, constantly strive to "know" Jesus Christ. All of this is real. I know it is. If you get time read the talk by Jeffrey Holland that talks about Lots Wife. It was in the January ensign. That is my assignment to our family for this week. When you read it think about HOW PEOPLE CAN CHANGE.

There is this family in The Dive that we always see. We are always eating there and doing laundry there and they have these 2 cute little girls. The Ds. I have lately been having lots of conversations with sister D about the Gospel and she swears that her daughter, Eternity, sees things and know things.  Interesting and terrifying at the same time.

I thought I would also add, Ive said it a million times but I will say it again, Montana has the most interesting sacrament meetings. The county fair was happening; so at church, I couldnt even count the number of kids that had their faces painted and partaking of the sacrament. Thank goodness there were no deacons passing the Lords Supper with rabbits painted on their forehead. whoo. also, it is hard to not be judgmental and try to decide who is LA or a non member because half of the people that come in wear shorts and a t-shirt with tennis shoes. We even saw a kid yesterday who was wearing cleats. Hahah. I laughed soo hard. you have no idea.

thats my week

We also got roped into giving a talk tonight at a fire fireside on the bank of the river here in Miles City for a YSA FHE. It should be interesting. I am giving a talk on the BOM.

Love you dearly,

Elder Parker Heywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment