Good day.
This last week we had a good week. Our zone is doing really well with missionary work. Lots of good things have been happening. You are probably wondering about Ds baptism. It was one of the best baptismal services Ive ever been to. Nothing really out of the ordinary/extraordinary happened. It was just a nicely planned baptism with an opening and closing song, talk on baptism/holy ghost, baptism, and confirmation (which all took place on a Wednesday apart from Sunday because of work scheduling etc) The thing that made it so special was that (my own thoughts) there seemed to be such great rejoicing from everyone at the service AND beyond the veil. I really cant describe what it felt like but there was definitely a spirit of rejoicing there. Not to mention that we had 7 ex/active missionaries there. I would like to describe a little bit about the confirmation. D asked Bishop S to give the confirmation and it was very powerful. Bishop Sreally gave some inspired counsel and promises. Indescribable. How many times can I say that everything is real and true? I don't know. I don't think that testifying will ever stop.
Another thing that Ive observed this week has to do a lot with people and choices. The phrase, "make good choices" is often referred to and commonly used among all races, sects,....... everyone OK? It has almost just been an overused and misunderstood phrase because I don't think that people are actually taking it to heart. Most people would not be in the binds, hassles, problems, situations, and CRAP that they are in if they would make the right choices. For Example: What friends/people you are going to associate yourselves with, what you are going to eat/take into your bodies, if you're going to read your scriptures every day, if you're going to spread a rumor or lie or bad information about something or another, etc,etc. You now may be asking yourself, "Parker, theres obviously more to this than what your saying. What is the bigger picture here Parker?" I will reply to those rhetorical questions by saying, "It all starts with a thought, boys and girls. Make sure those thoughts align with the Lords will and you will do fine. You will have a happy and progressive life if you listen and follow... no, even better, HEARKEN unto the words of the savior. Be obedient. Make good decisions, make the RIGHT decisions." again, you might ask, "where does all of this - , so un-like you, prophetic, angelic, teeming with semantic and literary complexity wise words of COUNSEL come from?" I tell you, "from my experiences and observations. I know no one is perfect but how far can Christ gap the bridge between our finite mortal and incomplete selves..... to an exalted and resurrected and glorified and perfect.....heir of the Celestial Kingdom? I will answer my own question. We need to have FAITH. We just don't understand." I am going to say one more thing and THAT IS: Please let people change. Have Faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
At church yesterday we had two new college kids come for the first time. One was a member and another was a non member who we will have a lesson with on Tuesday night. Yes. Bam. Whoo. These two Brodeos are also from Utah, like the Basketballers, and also have Sunday practices. Bum.
That is pretty much our last week in a condensed, spiritually enhanced form.
We have been trying to get out to Ekalaka so hopefully that will happen within the next couple of weeks. There is a lady down there who is a non member and an active member as well. She is the wife of the Elders Q Pres will be getting baptized. When? We don't know because they are so dang busy and hard to get in contact with and 100 miles away that we just don't know.
Lots of young wives in the ward are pregnant and getting ready to have babies. One should actually be having hers today. It makes me think a lot of Aaron and Katie.
Love.
Elder P Heywood
No comments:
Post a Comment