Thursday, August 5, 2010

Saving Souls in Glendive

Dear Fam.


I am in Glendive. I am doing well. I am saving souls so that they don't go to hell.

We had an awesome lesson with D, who is married to a girl in the ward. The whole lesson we had was centered or focused on recognizing the spirit and receiving an answer to prayer. He is soo close to making the commitment. He has quit HIS church, in which he was playing the drums for, studied the Book of Mormon, and prayed. But, still, from what he says, hasn't received an answer. We committed him to be baptized when he received his answer and he said, "yes." We go to Helena again this week and D  and T are going to be in Billings the same time we are so we are thinking of having a little meeting with pres Gardner in the mission home and taking them to see the temple. We will just kind of play it by ear. Overall, D's an impressive guy. He knows and understands everything we teach him and not just at the kindergarten level either. He could easily go on a mission or be a Sunday school teacher and probably do a better job than some of the teachers we have in the church. He is at church every Sunday and tries his best to feel the spirit. We think, the  family thinks, we all think, that D KNOWS it will happen, its just time. We also THINK that he is still worried about telling his family, well, at least his mom. His dad is a less active member and his mom is a non member. These are exciting times, LET ME TELL YOU.

Interesting fact for the week: sources tell us that the leader of the wolf pack (actor) in the twilight movies is from.... Poplar, MT, where we were just the other week. A very interesting reservation. Another fact: It is said to have the most crime per capita in the nation. The missionaries working there have to have a lot of mental toughness. Its pretty hard being out in the middle of no where with very little missionary work going on. It was very different from the Polson reservation. It was pure bred native Americans. similar but not the same. Anyway, we had district meeting in Wolf Point and then went to Poplar for team ups. While there we witnessed many things. First, A little girl playing with a gun. Dying animals, naked lamanites, garbage everywhere, a fight over a bottle of vodka (it was like UFC front row. Two thirty year old dudes), etc. I could go on. I don't know what will happen to those people in the end. Lots of them grow up with no other life besides sitting around and drinking.

We taught A again this week and had a good lesson. She even prayed out loud with us. It was a good step. But, she didn't come to church, AGAIN. She has been quite the slacker this past week. Actually, ever since I've been here she has been a slacker, nevertheless, a sweet single lady. We don't know what to do with her. We are just praying that she will continue to receive spiritual experiences.

The rest of the week was good too. We had teamups with Sidney and Glasgow on Tuesday and Thursday both of them being here in Glendive. We tracted into a couple of people that might have potential and found a Less active lady that was kind of a lost sheep. I don't know if Ive told you about the other Less active guy that we've been teaching. Hes really cool. He reminds a lot of Aaron, except, with half of his body crippled. Normal top half, not normal bottom. I'm not kidding. He talks the same, laughs the same, looks the same, walks the..... wait, not that, smiles the same, everything is so similar. He is in love with sports and is an attorney doing family law. Maybe Aaron should be a lawyer. His name is K and he was baptized in the third grade but hasn't gone back to church ever. He is pretty much an investigator. He likes learning though and is honest and keeps all of the commitments we give him. We are going to ask him if he wants to come to church this next week. I love my spiritual brothers and sisters.

There was another couple of tornadoes that hit ND and MT the other week, one of them being in Glasgow. I hope we get one in Glendive. That would be awesome.

That's pretty much it for our week. Very good. People progressing, some of them at least. Elder Brooks and I both love it here. Transfers are in 2 weeks.

I should probably send you pictures of our shed. If you think by shed I mean the place where we would keep storage and lawn mowers and tools, I don't mean that. I mean, the place we live in. We rearranged that this week so we could have more space. Its nice and we are happy. I don't think I ever emailed about it. I also wanted to say that If you could send the quilt with the G's that would be awesome. I need those pretty soon. When we were doing laundry the other week Elder Brooks was doing the whites and put some of that liquid bluing concentrate on top of the clothes when they were already in the washer without diluting it. yep. I got blue spots all over my underwear. I should have snatched some of those tops too before I sent them back. Sorry for the demands. 
Love
Elder P Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment