Hey there.
This last week went really well. All the zone conferences (only 4 this time) were awesome. After 4 guest appearances by Santa, I was pretty tired of redjumpsuits. I will have to send you the pics. What more can I say? Zone conferences were good.
The first couple of zone conferences were good but they lacked musical talent. We had every zone prepare 2 musical numbers. when we got to Helena, the talent picked up with Elder Goodwin and Ika doin Silent Night on the Uke. It was pretty good. We just had a lot of musical talent in Helena with Butte, Bozeman, and Great Falls there too. Kalispell was probably the toughest. Not only was it the last but, When you have good musical numbers and departing testimonies, it gets really hard. I dont want to give a departing testimony. 2 mer transfers and Im done. Its too fast.
About the musical number in Kalispell: A lady wrote a song in Big Fork. Elder Carlson put lyrics to it. Elder King played it. 2 Sisters sang it. It was really good. The next morning, before the 8 hour drive back to Billings, we went to a member's house to record the song. I will have to send you a copy along with Elder King's Christmas CD.
Speaking of red jumpsuits, right before we left the little recording studio at the member's house, we asked him to play the drums for us. He asked for President Gardner's permission and President said, "oh yes. Please." haha. He didnt know what he was saying yes to. The member (Bro Denny) cranked up a song by red jumpsuit apparatus and played along with it. By the time it all started, it was too late for PG to say no so we listened to the loud, earth shattering song. It was awesome. We were all laughing so hard.(Not Prez)
That was probably the highlight of our week.
We are having a really weird transfer this time around. We are sending more sister missionaries home than we are receving. PG asked us to think about some sister areas that we could close and send Elders to. One of those is potentially Polson/Ronan area. As we were driving through Polson, I said, kind of sarcastically, "Hey, you should double me in to Polson?" There was a really long pause after.... He said, hmmm. Thats all I know. Thats all he has said. What IF? It probably wouldnt work though seeing how it would have to happen this time around.
I have been learning a lot about the Savior lately. Like I said last time, we had been assigned to go through to the TG to look at all the scriptural references regarding the Savior. I am trying to make my relationship more real. I think a lot of the time I have associated Him with a picture in my head or something like that whenever I share a testimony or read a scripture story. Are you hearing me right? There are just so many pictures/paintings that I dont quite put a real person with the testimony. Its not a bad thing but I dont want to know the book character. I want to know the person. He's a man. One thing that really impressed me about Elder Packer was his testimony. He didnt say, "I know the church is true." He said, "It's all real." "This is real." "Jesus Christ really does live." It was really powerful. I hope to be like that.
K is doing well still. She has been getting lots of famliy grief but, she is hanging on. She is converted. We are waiting for her court sentence on the 20th. After her sentencing, we will see what the next steps are to take.
We will find out Transfers Thursday morning and the new AP Wed. Morning. We will probably go pick him up wherever he is. King and Unga go home this Saturday. Unga speaks the next day. So, he speaks this next Sunday. I gave him our home phone number. He should give you a call.
LOVE
Elder Heywood.
No comments:
Post a Comment